The two-fold mission of Publicity is to keep congregants well-informed regarding the activities of the congregation and simultaneously to raise the profile of Temple Etz Chaim in the broader community. We do this by publicizing temple events on our website and our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter feeds. Additionally we are responsible for placing press releases, calendar items, and news briefs in the local mainstream press and in the Boston area Jewish press. When appropriate, we also ensure the temple’s voice is heard on important issues of the day.
When filling out the Publicity Request form below:
- Please use your Temple email address in the Publicity Request. It is Temple Etz Chaim’s policy not to use personal email addresses in our publicity materials.
- All information should be submitted at least 30 days prior to event date.
- Any text included will be used exactly as submitted so please be sure the information is accurate as written.
- Graphics – you do not need to submit an image unless you have something event specific (e.g. if your Publicity Request is for the menorah lighting, you don’t need to submit a picture of a menorah).
- Timing – we generally do not start to publicize events prior to 6 weeks before the event date.